Cypress Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you are facing criminal charges in Cypress, Texas, you may feel intimidated and alone – after all, these charges can put your way of life in jeopardy. In these situations, you need a Cypress defense attorney to help represent your case and build a strong, compelling defense on your behalf.
The Law Offices of David A. Breston has significant experience in Texas criminal defense law and can help prepare your case for trial. Our clients choose our firm due to our breadth of knowledge, familiarity with the Texas court system, and dedication to communication.
- Our attorneys have over 20 years of trial experience and work in numerous practice areas, including drug charges, white collar crimes, and violent crimes.
- Our firm has significant experience working in the Texas criminal justice system, including the Cypress court system.
- We strive to maintain a consistent line of communication with each of our clients. You will remain up to date on all important events in your case.
Common Criminal Charges in Cypress
The Law Offices of David A. Breston have been defending residents of Cypress against multiple types of criminal charges since 1997, including both felony and misdemeanor charges. Felony crimes usually involve harsher sentences and are the more serious of the two, often resulting in one year in prison or more. Misdemeanor crimes are not as severe and often involve no prison time at all.
Certain crimes may be a felony or misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances; usually, the more violent or damaging the crime, the more severe the charge will be. For example, driving while intoxicated can be a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the level of damage, whether or not it was a first offense, and whether or not anyone suffered injuries or died in the crash.
You may face additional penalties, including administrative punishments, fines, and mandatory community service or classes.
Some of the most common felony crimes in Texas include the following.
- Aggravated assault and battery
- Murder or attempted murder
- Burglary and robbery
You may be facing certain misdemeanor charges, which include the following.
- Petty theft and shoplifting
- Public intoxication
- Reckless driving and first-offense DWI
What to Do After an Arrest in Cypress
If police officers are arresting you for a crime in Cypress, they have investigated the incident and gathered enough evidence to determine that you likely committed the crime. Because of this, it is important to stay vigilant and act appropriately during your arrest and trial processes.
- Do not resist the arrest. You could face additional charges on top of the crime the police are arresting your for, and this can also lead to a stronger case for the prosecution. Comply with the police officers’ orders and listen to your rights carefully.
- One of your most important rights during an arrest is the right to remain silent. You do not want to say anything that the prosecution can use as evidence against you in the courtroom. Plus, if you say anything about your case to any friends or family, the prosecution can bring them in the testify against you. Instead, remain silent during the arrest and do not say anything about your case to anyone except your attorney.
- Ask for a Cypress criminal defense attorney as soon as possible and call the Law Offices of David A. Breston. You have the legal right to an attorney if police officers are keeping you in custody. Your attorney will work with you to build a compelling defense in your favor and advise you of your best possible outcomes.
Contact a Cypress Defense Lawyer Today
If you are facing criminal charges in Cypress, Texas, you need a defense attorney on your side to guide you through the process and advocate for the best possible outcome. The Law Offices of David A. Breston can help – our attorneys have significant experience defending criminal charges throughout Texas, including sex crimes, fraud cases, and more.
Contact the Law Offices of David A. Breston today to speak to one of our attorneys and discuss your legal options.