Friendswood Criminal Defense Lawyer
Are you facing criminal charges in Friendswood, Texas? Entering the criminal justice system can be a daunting process, and if you do not have an attorney on your side, it becomes even more difficult. If you are searching for a lawyer to represent your criminal case, look no further than the Friendswood defense attorneys at the Law Office of David A. Breston.
The Smart Choice for Criminal Defense
Our expert criminal defense lawyers will work tirelessly to understand your side of the story and build a compelling and creative defense in your favor. For over 20 years, clients choose David A. Breston for our significant trial experience, attention to detail, and adherence to the needs of our clients.
- Our attorneys have a strong understanding of Texas criminal law, as evidenced by our 20 years of trial experience. We assist with cases involving drug offenses, assault and battery, DWI, and more.
- Our firm has a wide network of resources and experts we can consult to help build your case. Whether evidence needs additional testing or we need to consult a medical expert, our firm can connect you to the right resources.
- We balance the power and resources of a large firm with personalized attention to clients. Our attorneys will work closely with you from start to finish to learn your case and build your defense strategy.
What Happens After an Arrest in Friendswood, Texas?
Before a police officer can place you under arrest, he or she must have probable cause that you committed the crime he or she is arresting you for. Chances are, the officer has investigated the claims and determined that you are responsible. After an arrest, law enforcement will formally file charges against you.
After your arrest, you will attend your arraignment to hear a judge read your charges to you. In addition, the judge will ask you to enter into a guilty or not guilty plea. Your Friendswood defense attorney will discuss your case with you beforehand, and advise you on which plea to take.
You will then prepare for potential negotiations and trial. Your attorney will launch an investigation into your case and collect important pieces of evidence to build your defense. You may attend negotiations with the prosecution to reach a plea agreement.
If you cannot reach an agreement or no negotiations take place, your case will go to trial. Your attorney will present your defense to the jury, who will examine all pieces of evidence and issue a verdict of guilty or not guilty for each of your charges.
Why Do You Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
You may wonder if hiring a criminal defense attorney would benefit your case. It is easy to assume that you do not need a lawyer, or using the court-appointed attorney is sufficient. However, hiring a defense attorney from the Law Office of David A. Breston can provide a number of important benefits for your case.
- Your case may require significant investigation to build your defense, and you may not have access to the resources necessary to accomplish this. When you hire a criminal defense attorney, you have access to a wide range of resources to launch an in-depth investigation into the charges against you, including evidence labs or expert witnesses.
- Proving your case in a courtroom requires a strong knowledge of Texas criminal law. In addition, you need an attorney with significant trial experience to ensure that he or she presents your case effectively to a jury. At the Law Office of David A. Breston, our attorneys have over 20 years of trial experience and have represented clients in numerous areas of Texas criminal law.
- Entering the Texas criminal justice system can be overwhelming and confusing, and you may be unsure how to approach your hearings or prepare for your court dates. Your attorney will guide you through this process from arraignment to trial, helping you understand and navigate this complicated process.
Call the Law Office of David A. Breston Today
If you need a criminal defense attorney who can advocate for your side of the story in Friendswood, look no further than the Law Office of David A. Breston. Our attorneys will provide the personalized attention and aggressive representation you need to challenge your criminal charges.