DUI/DWI Defense Resources in Houston
Drunk driving can be a serious offense with lasting consequences for all involved parties. A victim can be injured or even killed and an offender can lose their rights, reputation, and future employment options. Nevertheless, every person in the United States has guaranteed rights regardless of the crime they committed. In an effort to assist those facing a drunk driving accusation, charge, or arrest, we have compiled a list of information and resources to answer some common questions and help direct offenders in the right direction. If you were charged with a DWI in Houston, call The Law Offices of David A. Breston today and set up your free consultation.
If you are facing DWI charges in Houston and need immediate legal representation! Contact a Houston DWI lawyer today.
Countrywide DUI/DWI Resources
- Impaired Driving Fact Sheet – Learn about the effects of impaired driving with data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- ACLU Fact Sheet – Know your rights if you are stopped or pulled over by police officers.
- Field Sobriety Test Review and Instructions – Learn how field sobriety tests are conducted and what police officers are looking for when pulling over a driver.
- State by State Penalties – Laws in each state are not created equal; see how your state compares to other possible punishments around the country.
- Ignition Interlock Laws by State – Learn the rules for ignition interlock devices in each state.
- DUI/DWI Booking and Bail Procedures – Become familiar with the moments just after the arrest process.
- Car Impounding – Learn what can happen to your vehicle after an arrest.
- Look Back Periods by State – Look back periods are the amount of time that a DUI/DWI stays on your record. This information is useful in determining the consequences for multiple offenses.
- Sobriety Checkpoint Laws by State – Rules and regulations for sobriety check points across the country
- Questions for Your Lawyer – The secret to finding the right attorney is asking the right questions.
- Fair DUI Flyer – A flyer that can be used during a traffic stop or check point with the applicable statues listed out by state. Use at your own risk.
Texas Specific Resources
- Texas Fines and Penalties – Fines and penalties for DWI in Texas provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Insurnace Requirements – Insurance requirements for drivers in Texas
- Penal Code, Chapter 49 – The exact wording of the law as it pertains to intoxication and alcoholic beverage offenses in Texas
- Certified Ignition Interlock Device Service Centers – A list of certified ignition interlock service centers in Texas if you must have an interlock device installed in your car.
- Refusing of Blood or Breath Test – Texas is an implied consent state. Read up on the consequences of refusing to take a blood or breath test after being pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving.
- Using a Public Defender – Tips and information for using a public defender, or court appointed attorney, who is paid by the state of Texas to represent you in your case.
Houston Specific Resources
Disclaimer: The information presented on this page is intended for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. Speak with a local Houston attorney in your area to discuss the specifics of your case.