Pearland Criminal Defense Attorney
Whether you are facing charges for sexual assault or someone accused you of theft, navigating the Texas criminal justice system can be daunting. You may not know what you need to prepare for and how to defend yourself in a court of law, or what resources are available to you in Pearland. In these situations, trust the Law Offices of David A. Breston to represent your case.
- Our attorneys have a strong grasp of Texas criminal law and the justice system, having worked in courts in Pearland and the surrounding areas.
- Due to our significant experience in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, our attorneys have the skills necessary to craft a compelling defense in your favor.
- We will work closely with you during each step of your case – ensuring open, honest communication along the way.
What Happens After an Arrest in Pearland?
Before your arrest, police officers were investigating the crime that they are accusing you of committing and gathered enough evidence to determine that you are responsible. They will then file a case against you in criminal court, which you can defend yourself against with the help of a Pearland criminal defense attorney from the Law Offices of David A. Breston.
The first stage in the Texas criminal justice system is arraignment. During your arraignment, the judge will read the charges against you and ask if you will plead guilty or not guilty. You and your attorney will discuss how to best approach the arraignment before you attend.
Next, you and your attorney will begin building your case. We will work closely with you to discuss your best options and how to approach the trial or a potential plea agreement. We will also re-examine evidence presented by the prosecution, investigate your case, and identify witnesses that we can use in your case.
Finally, your case may go in one of two directions: you can enter plea bargain negotiations or you can go directly to trial. During a plea negotiation, the prosecution may present an option to help you avoid a harsher sentence. If you do not reach an agreement in the plea negotiations or your attorney decides it isn’t your best option, you will go to the courtroom.
In the courtroom, the court will hear your case and issue a verdict of guilty or not guilty. If the court finds you guilty, you may have the option to appeal your case – speak to your attorney about bringing the case to a higher Texas court.
Why You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Pearland, TX
Hiring a Pearland criminal defense attorney may seem like a significant investment, and you may wonder if you can handle the process alone. However, trusting the attorneys at the Law Offices of David A. Breston can provide significant benefits for your case.
- Facing criminal charges in Pearland can be overwhelming and you may feel alone and intimidated. You may be unfamiliar with the stages of the criminal justice system and unsure of how to prepare for your case. With over 20 years of trial experience, our attorneys can guide you through each step of the way.
- Your attorney will have the understanding and resources necessary to build a compelling case in your favor. We will closely examine the prosecution’s case, identify potential witnesses, and consult with our network of experts for additional evidence that can assist your defense.
- The goal of your defense is to work towards the best possible outcome. By investing in a criminal defense attorney, you invest in someone who has the experience and skillset necessary to help potentially reduce the charges against you, negotiate a plea agreement, or even reach a not guilty verdict.
Contact a Defense Attorney Today
If you are facing criminal charges in Pearland, Texas, the Law Offices of David A. Breston can help. Our attorneys have significant experience working in the Pearland court system and the surrounding areas, and can help you navigate Texas’s complex criminal justice system. We will work closely with you each step of the way.
Contact us today to schedule your free confidential consultation at our Houston offices.